Vernigora Alexander Nikolaevich, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of chemistry and theory and methodology of chemistry teaching, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Volkova Natalija Valentinovna, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, head of sub-department of chemistry and theory and methodology of chemistry teaching, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Zhevlakova Anastasija Aleksandrovna, Student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Gus’kova Ekaterina Nikolaevna, Student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Since the waste of galvanic production often contains solutions cocomposed of copper (II) and nickel (II) simultaneously in sufficiently high concentrations, the aim of this work is to develop a method of spectrophotometric determination of copper (II) and nickel (II) at joint presence in the form of complexes with Trilon B using the Vierordt method.
Materials and methods. Absorption spectra were recorded with a spectrophotometer Specord S40. The spectral data were processed via the Vierordt method.
Results. The conducted research has allowed to develop a method for simultaneous quantitative determination of relatively high concentrations of nickel (II) and copper (II) in a solution.
Conclusions. The authors have developed a simple, rapid and cheap method of simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of Nickel (II) concentration from 0,5 to 3 g/l and copper (II) concentration from 0,1 to 1,7 g/l at joint presence in a solution with a relative error not exceeding 10 %.
1. Prshibil R. Analiticheskie primeneniya etilendiamintetrauksusnoy kisloty i rodstvennykh soedineniy [Analytical applications of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid and congenial compounds]. Moscow: Mir, 1975, 533 p.
2. Podchaynova V. N., Simonova L. N. Analiticheskaya khimiya medi [Analytical chemistry of copper]. Moscow: Nauka, 1990, 279 p.
3. Peshkova V. M., Savostina V. M. Analiticheskaya khimiya nikelya [Analytical chemistry of nickel]. Moscow: Nauka, 1966, 204 p.
4. Rodionova O. E., Pomerantsev A. L. Uspekhi khimii [Progress of chemistry]. 2006, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 302–321.
5. Vernigora A. N., Volkova N. V., Gus'kova E. N. Vestnik Penzenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Penza State University]. 2017, no. 2, pp. 87–94.
6. Vernigora A. N., Volkova N. V., Kayumova M. B. Aktual'nye problemy khimicheskogo obrazovaniya: sb. nauch. st. Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. uchiteley khimii i prepodavateley vuzov (g. Penza, 9 noyabrya 2016 g.) [Topical problems of chemical education: proceedings of an All-Russian scientific and practical conference of chemistry teachers and university lecturers (Penza, 9th November 2016)]. Penza: Izd-vo PGU, 2016, pp. 140–143.
7. Vasil'eva V. I., Stoyanova O. F., Shkutina I. V., Karpov S. I. Spektral'nye metody analiza. Prakticheskoe rukovodstvo [Spectral methods of analysis. Practical guide]. Saint- Petersburg: Lan', 2014, 416 p.
8. Vlasova I. V., Isachenko N. A., Shilova A. V. Zhurnal analiticheskoy khimii [Journal of analytical chemistry]. 2010, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 481–487.